Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Congratulations to Sachin on becoming first man in the universe to score the double century in one dayers!
Coming back to my Engineering days, about the things which I think I could have done better.
For most of us in our Civil Engineering class, it was more of forced choice than a desired choice. I found myself with group of guys who were simple and not much ambitious. And for some unknown reasons I was occupied some negative thoughts during this period. The thoughts revolved around temporary nature of all our achievements and the fact that all wealth which create during our lifetime has no meaning beyond our life. That resulted in me losing focus on studies and eventual loss of confidence to certain extent. During such moments you try to my console in something in which people appreciate your skills. For my surprise, I found cricket giving me that support. I became regular opening batsman (with tennis ball) for our class and SPCE hostel. I went through this phase for most period of my engineering. It took some effort after graduation on my part to be on track.
Every experience has even probability of being positive or negative. Our state of mind is like pendulum. Positive experience can push you to right direction and negative experience can push you to wrong direction. But if you are mentally strong then you can keep you mental state in balanced position irrespective of experiences you are going through.
There is another aspect of Engineering studies. You need to discuss the concepts which help you understand them in much better ways than going through the books. Needless to say the discussion needs to be with right set of people! Will be back soon...Aditya

No comments:

Post a Comment