Monday, February 22, 2010

Junior College Days

The biggest challenge which we might face while analyzing ourself is to admit our own faults / weaknesses. But ideally you are in best position to identify your weaknesses. I will try to explain this with my own examples. When I joined junior college in Ruparel, every student in class was a topper from his / her school. I was used to all attention from school days. And then when results of first unit test came in, I found myself ranked somewhere around 10-15 th position in class of 60. This was altogether a new experience for me. What I failed to understand at that point was it was ok to stand at that position in the class as long as you maintain your percentages. I took a while to understand this and then bounced back. One of the reasons which took me long to understand this was my nature. I was bit reserved person during my school days which I continued for a while in my college life. While I could manage things with my reserved nature in school day, in college life you need to more interactive with your colleagues. A 10 minutes discussion can help you understand the concepts in much better way as compared to reading book for 3 hours. The important factor is you should be doing this discussion with right set of people.

To summarize above, my limitations during junior college days were reserved nature and inability to identify new environment setup as quickly as possible.

It changed soon in 12th standard when I moved to Ruparel college Hostel. I came in contact with nice guys and then soon set my target for PCM score. Now I can term this setting up goal which will help you in staying focussed on area of interest. I ignored couple of topic in biology and ended up not answering this questions in HSC examinations. For me this was a bold decision considering my earlier history. But it helped me in concentrating my efforts in PCM.

In my subsequent post I will cover my engineering days and things during those days which I could have done in better ways. I know I am writing on serious things at this moment. I promise I will return to lighter topics later on. Request you guys also to chip in. Thanks - Aditya

No comments:

Post a Comment