Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Down The Memory Lane - 10 March 1985

Today's newspaper has covered India's Benson & Hedges triumph on 10th March 1985 in detail in their sports section. I remember this day as well as the day of our 7th standard scholarship examination. I was not at all happy that the final of such an event should coincide with our scholarship examination. To make the matter worse, the centre was in St. Augustine School at Stella.

But as they say where there is will there is way! We have a relative who stay near the school. The examination time-table was like Marathi 11-12, Maths 1-2 and Buddhimatta Chachani 3-4 with breaks of 1 hour in between. The original plan was to have one of my parents accompany me for the examination. But somehow both of them ended up with me for the examination. My father was as keen as me to see the match. So during those two breaks and after final paper, we ended up at the relative's place witnessing India's historic victory over Pakistan and Ravi Shastri winning Audi car. During the breaks some of our batch mates who had appeared for examination had come to see us.
Reading today morning's papers with details of that match made me remember that day. Those days were still days of black and white television.
Let's consider this. I am sharing memories with you which are dating back 25 years! I will leave the conclusion to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment