Monday, March 8, 2010

Who is dominating our thoughts?

I keep on thinking India is changing fast. Everyone has become liberal, people are spending a lot, losing values. What makes me form this opinion? I am influenced by media. I am influenced by television channels, a leading newspaper whose many articles seem to revolving around affairs, scantily clad actresses. But it is the reality?
If you look closely at the normal people around you, the values are still there. People still care about their relatives, values and spend money carefully. Yes, I agree, there is some percentage of population has changed but that percentage is smaller as compared against the one which has remained unchanged. But it looks as if there is planned effort from media to bombard common citizen with news which portraits as if world has changed considerably. If you tell a lie continuously for a while, people start believing it is a fact.
Ultimately it comes down to fact that who dominates the mindset of society? Earlier (some 20-30 years back), it was educated class (teachers, graduates) used to get respect in society and now it is the number and model of cars which determines the amount of respect you get.
Another worrying factor is the way our kids are spending their childhoods. The cartoon channels are painting incorrect images of our historical heroes. The cartoon serial Bheem projects him as some rural hero with unrealistic capabilities.
I believe in our ancestors. The Kaliyug is coming our way. I can't go out and stop it from spreading it outside. I am too busy with my job for the same. But I will fight it from invading my home. This is the need of hour! I hope you also fight it!

No comments:

Post a Comment